Denton, Lewisville, Sanger, Ponder, Carrollton, Corinth, Frisco, Flower Mound, Aubrey, Oak Point, Pilot Point, Little Elm, Lake Dallas, and The Colony Mediation Attorney
At Helene Parker & Associates, L.L.C., we recognize that most cases involving family law arise out of necessity, not by choice. Consequently, we seek the most cost-effective and efficient resolution for our clients.
Benefitting from years of experience dealing with thousands of family law cases, we know when a case should go to mediation and when it should be litigated. Fortunately, in Denton County, the majority of the District Courts require parties to mediate prior to taking their case to trial. There are some cases that cannot be mediated because the parties are so positional or there have been incidents of family violence. Ms. Parker is able discern which cases could be resolved in mediation and which cases should be brought before a judge for a final disposition.
Denton County attorney-mediator Helene Parker is an experienced, compassionate, and strong family law mediator who brings years of experience to the table. Ms. Parker is a credential family law mediator well-versed in handling complicated family law issues.
If your goal is to resolve a dispute without court intervention, Helene Parker & Associates, L.L.C. can help you arrive at an amicable and efficient resolution.
Resolution of Family Law Disputes Through Mediation
Mediation is an effective alternative to parties attempting to negotiate on their own or litigating their cases in court. The following are examples of situations in which Ms. Parker has served as mediator for the parties:
- Custody and visitation disputes – between spouses in a divorce, but also involving unmarried couples, grandparents or other family members.
- Contested divorces – to resolve issues such as custody, visitation, support, and property division.
- CPS cases - to resolve issues of conservatorship, visitation, child support, relinquishment or termination of parental rights, and adoption.
- Family conflicts – involving a wide variety of disagreements between spouses, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, and extended family members;
- Hague Convention (International Child Abduction) cases - involving unlawful retention or removal of a child from his or her home country. Federal courts are increasingly requiring parties to mediate their dispute before litigating the issues.
- Disputes between unmarried couples and domestic partners, boyfriend-girlfriend disputes – often including the issues described above, and frequently involving harassment, threats, and reprisals.
Benefits of Mediation in Family Law Disputes
Mediation has numerous benefits as compared to other forms of dispute resolution. The most significant benefits include:
- Flexibility in scheduling and an informal setting in a law office rather than a courtroom;
- Ability to address the underlying problem(s) between the parties;
- Parties do not have to face each other (as they would in a courtroom) to feel uncomfortable;
- Opportunity to air their grievances freely without having to hang their dirty laundry in a courtroom for everyone to see and hear;
- Opportunity to develop creative resolutions;
- Parties are empowered to reach a solution rather than letting a judge make a decision for them;
- High success rate and high rate of compliance; and
- Mediation is private and confidential.
In the end, the goal of mediation is for the parties to come to a mutually-acceptable resolution that will be recorded in a binding and enforceable settlement agreement. The mediator helps the parties find options to resolve their dispute, avoid emotional and positional impasses, and remain civil during the process. The beauty of mediation is that the parties decide their outcome, not the mediator or a judge. In short, mediation allows the parties to control their own destiny.
Contact a Denton County Family Law Attorney-Mediator
For more information about Helene Parker's family law mediation services, or to hire a Denton County Family Law Attorney-Mediator, for your case, contact us today. We serve clients in Denton, Corinth, Little Elm, Sanger, Ponder, Cross Roads, Pilot Point, Oak Point, Frisco, Aubrey, Carrollton, Lewisville, Flower Mound, The Colony, and surrounding areas.